As a Disability Resource Specialist, you will:
- Engage in community and legislative advocacy and education to improve community accessibility and inclusion.
- Assist consumers in achieving their personal goals and increased abilities to live independently.
- Work with consumers in obtaining community resources and assistance programs such as MassHealth, SSI, SSDI, SNAP and other resources.
- Support people living in nursing homes to transition back into the community.
- Educate and advocate with the community in understanding accessibility and inclusion.
This position required fieldwork in the community, and so applicants must have their own reliable transportation.
- People living with a disability highly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent life experience.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office word processing and email applications.
- Must be committed to Independent Living Philosophy.
This is a full-time (35 hour), benefited position.
Compensation: $34,580 to $36,400 depending upon experience.
DRC offers Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K with a 3% match, generous PTO, 12 Holidays free Short and Long-Term disability insurance, and limited tuition reimbursement.