Ways to Help Prevent Viral Infections
By Marcia Brennan
I’m sure you have all seen the news reports and pictures of nearly every person in China with a mask on to hopefully prevent catching the Coronavirus.
We all catch a cold or flu now and again, let’s hope that is all we catch, so let’s look at some precautions we can take.
- Get a Flu Shot – I know, I know, some people don’t believe in them, but at least talk to your Physician.
- Steer Clear of Sick People – whenever possible and stay home if you are sick please!
- Don’t Share – Straws, Cell phones, pillowcases, forks, cups with your kids!
- Wash Your Hands – if soap and water not available use a hand sanitizer.
- Avoid Touching Your Eyes and Nose – remember that elevator button, doorknob, handshake!
- Stay Hydrated – it boosts your immune system.
- Get Enough Sleep – 7-9 hours for adults.
- Eat Healthy foods – helps keep your immune system strong.
Remember it’s better to be ready……….than not!
Source: Verywell Health