Current Job Openings at the DRC
Disability Resource Specialist
We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated Disability Resource Specialist to join our team.
As a Disability Resource Specialist you will:
- Connect people who are living with disabilities to available community resources and assistance programs that support their living successfully in the community.
- Provide peer counseling and independent living skills enhancement services to people living with disabilities.
- Identify resources and supports available to people who are living in Nursing Homes who want to return to living in their community.
- Engage in community and legislative advocacy to improve community accessibility and inclusion.
This position required fieldwork in the community, and so applicants must have their own reliable transportation.
- People living with a disability highly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Services, a related field, or equivalent life experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office word processing and email applications.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Must be committed to Independent Living Philosophy.
This is a full-time (35 hour), benefited position.
DRC offers competitive benefits, 401K, generous PTO, free Short and Long-Term disability insurance, and limited tuition reimbursement.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons with disabilities, women, and persons of color to apply for these positions.